Sunday, August 24, 2008

The First Week of School

We survived the first week of school! I think the kids are glad to be back in a routine and with their friends.

Natalie started 6th grade - WOW! I can't believe next year we start junior high and youth group at church. She still seems so young. She is having a good year so far - likes all of her teachers and is adjusting well. The teachers really expect a lot from the 6th graders. They really try and prepare them for the next step - teaching responsibility, accountability, etc. Natalie made a new friend the first day and also enjoys seeing her old friends.

Nathan started 4th grade - my baby is growing up! He is so excited to be able to change classes and can't wait for GT to begin. He goes to 4 classes - Reading/Spelling, Science, Math, Language and his homeroom teacher also does Social Studies. He had his first spelling test this week. This is his definite area of weakness, so we are really going to work hard on this.

I ended up subbing Monday - Wednesday and then worked at my other job on Thursday and Friday. I will post some pictures of the kids soon.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I thought that said "I ended up SOBBING..." and I thought, "Why was she crying?!" I think I need my glasses. Okay, wait - you subbed the first three days of school?! Really? Wow!