Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009









We all had a wonderful Christmas spending time with family. We started off the with a wedding - my niece, Sara was married on December 19th to a wonderful young man, Johnny. It was a fun day to share with them. Then the kids and I stayed in Marion for the week of Christmas with mom and dad. Tim rejoined us on Wednesday afternoon. On Christmas Eve, I helped mom prepare our meal that was enjoyed by 17 people, including our 2 adopted family members, Johnny's sisters - Cassie and Chrissy. It was so nice to have them there and get to know them a little better. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and then went to a Christmas Eve service for a message and some songs. Of course, when we returned back to mom and dad's it was time for presents. We each took turns passing out our gifts to one another. I believe everyone had a great time. The funny part was that in the midst of everyone visiting, we realized we were missing Sylar, my 2 year old niece. We found her at the dining room table with a fork eating cake - lots of cake. She was so cute! We concluded the evening singing The 12 Days of Christmas and a couple of other songs. Before bed, I opened a gift from Natalie and Nathan. They made me a tablecloth for our kitchen table. I was so surprised and loved this gift. It is on my dining room table today and will be for many holidays to come.

On Christmas morning, we shared with our gifts with the kids and to one another. Nathan received Pokemon trading cards, Santa Buddies DVD, Pokemon DVD/Board Game, Air Hog, and of course, candy. Natalie received some make-up, perfume, Wii Food Network game, American Girl outfit and candy. The surprise gift for me was that Tim got me a Snuggie - he loves those things and I always made fun of the commercials. So, now we have matching Snuggies. Tim got a new Razorback sweatshirt and some cologne. After breakfast, we got ready and headed over to Tim's parents for another round of Christmas. Tim's aunt and uncle came up from Jonesboro for a little while. Then Tim's brother and family joined us a little later. Of course, we ate and then...you guessed it - Presents again. Everyone was so generous with their gifts and they were all a blessing.

So, another year is almost gone and it goes so fast. I hope to really spend this next year in God's Word getting to know Him better and yielding my life to Him.

No comments: