Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things are looking up...

Since October 21st, my surgery date, my life has slowed down quite a bit. That particular week is a blur because of the meds I was taking for pain. The following week got a little better, the pain had subsided and I was just sore. And now, I am beginning to feel like my old self again. I still have to remind myself to take it easy and continue to let my body heal. I am easing back into household stuff. My sweet angel, Natalie, has been a tremendous help to me over these past 2 weeks. She has worked so hard to warm our meals at night and helped out with laundry. I would like to say Nathan jumped in, but he did alright.

During this time of recovery I have had a lot of time on my hands. I always use to look forward to my time alone at home. Now, I welcome anyone to visit with. I actually look forward to picking up the kids from school just to have people around. The Lord has used this time to show me truly how much I need Him and others in my life. I am so grateful for Tim who was there with me in the hospital, for my parents coming for several days to help out the kiddos and Tim's mom who gave up her weekend to help out. I know I couldn't have gotten better without their help. Also, I have to be thankful for the wonderful people in our care group at church. We enjoyed some yummy meals they so graciously prepared for us. I could get use to that!

So, thank you for your prayers and support during this time.

No comments: