Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Changes happening

After working in our church office for 5 1/2 years, this Thursday will be my last day. Due to some financial issues and staffing changes, some cutbacks in office staff were needed. I can't say that we were surprised, just weren't expecting that day to hear the news. During the summer, since I don't sub, we have always depended on my income to help us until I can start subbing again at the school. However, this summer the Lord has different plans. Please pray for wisdom and direction for Tim and I regarding our finances.
One decision we have made is for me to sign-up as a consultant with Pampered Chef. The products actually sell themselves and the parties are fun to do. And of course, the food is great. So, today I did it - I got my kit with all my info and hopefully will get started with parties in the next couple of weeks. After checking into many options for summer employment, it became evident that this was the only option. Always in summers past the kids came with me, which made it easy. However, most places won't allow to bring your kids to work. So Pampered Chef will give me the flexibility to be with them during the day and set my own schedule. Tim is totally on board with this and he loves their stuff. So, if you want to have some fun and get free products - host a show. It is so easy to do. You can look at the products online at http://www.pamperedchef.com/.
Also, I have submitted an application with our school district for a position at the new middle school scheduled to open in January 2010. Please pray for this opportunity - this is what I would really like to do and I could be around my kiddos.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm a little slow reading this post and I didn't realize you weren't working at the church any more. I saw on Facebook that you were looking for a summer job, but I thought that was just to cover the money you made from subbing. I will pray that the Pampered Chef thing works out and that you get the job at the school if that's where the Lord wants you to be.

Michelle Cearley said...

I'll be praying for financial provision for you all and that you get the school district job. Have you ever thought about going back and finishing your teaching degree? You'd be great, and it would offer long-term career stability. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!